Just Add Ink #209

We challenge you to 'Just Add LAYERS'. I'm looking forward to seeing the variety in all the entries this week over at Just Add Ink. Go on, it really couldn't get any simpler.

Layering is one of the most basic ways to make anything look good and stand out. On this page I've used several panels of designer paper layered with their co-odinating card stock and then stacked them on top of each other. So many patterns! But it seems to work...

The little girl is my lovely daughter on one of our family photo shoots. My how she has grown! When I asked her opinion on this page she said 'Good. Great! I mean... it's not normal. Put something else on it.' Funnily enough she voiced my thoughts, hence the addition of the butterflies which she found very satisfying. 


Scrapping Tip: When thinking 'layout' lead your viewer's eye on and off the page with intention. Here I've done it the way we'd naturally read something: ON - top left corner, THROUGH - the photos themselves, OFF - bottom right corner. 

5 comments

  1. Susan I love your page, how you have place the elements and various layers. The butterflies really add something too. Scrapbooking like this is a great way to enhance our memories and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I love the soft colours you've chosen for this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page Susan! I love the DSP you used as the base and how you've pulled the colours for the DSP panels. Your daughter obviously has a designers eye - the butterflies are great! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan this is so lovely! What a gorgeous little girl you have and such a great page to cherish your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos on a beautiful page!! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete